Halsford Park Primary School is a two form entry school with 2 classes in each year group and a published admission number (PAN) of 60. The school is part of the Partners in Learning Academy Trust along with our sister school Baldwins Hill Primary. As an Academy Trust the Board of Trustees is responsible for admissions. On conversion to Academy status, the Trustees decided to continue to follow the West Sussex Local Authority Admissions criteria and policies to ensure that admission decisions are fair and equitable and in line with our neighbouring schools. We also continue to use the Local Authority Admissions Team to manage our pupil admissions.
Making sure you have chosen the right school for your child is vitally important; we welcome visits from prospective families and relish all opportunities to show you our impressive facilities and vibrant learning environments and answer any questions you may have.
If you would like to arrange a visit or receive further information about the school, please telephone our school office Tel 01342 324643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for a place at our school should be made through the Local Authority, either by applying on line:http://www.westsussex.gov.uk/learning/schools_ages_4-16/applying_for_a_school_place.aspx
County Hall North
Chart Way Horsham
or by telephone: 0845 075 1007, Fax: 01403 240158.
For any queries, please email: email@example.com
In the event of oversubscription, places will be offered using the following criteria in line with West Sussex County Council:
Any child with an Education Health and Care Plan (or a Statement of Special Educational Needs) naming the school will automatically be admitted to that school, under section 324 of the Education Act 1996.
1. Looked after children (children in public care), children who were previously looked after who leave care under a special guardianship, residence, child arrangement or adoption order. Evidence must be provided;
2. Children who need a place at the school on exceptional and compelling social, psychological or medical grounds. Evidence must be provided;
3. Children who live in the catchment area with brothers or sisters already at the school or who will be attending the linked junior school in September 2021;
4. Other children who live in the catchment area;
5. Children who live outside the catchment area with brothers or sisters already at the school or who will be attending the linked junior school in September 2021;
6. Other children who live outside the catchment area. All distances are measured by a straight line from either school to the child’s home address using Ordnance Survey address point data from a central point in each building.
Throughout the Summer term we hold transition events for pre-school children. These sessions aim to introduce children to Halsford Park so that they can begin to feel comfortable and confident in the school environment and get to know key members of staff.
During the term prior to admission, children are invited to spend some time in school with their teacher. During these visits, general information about the school is made available to parents who are able to observe the school in session and discuss our approach to teaching and learning.
Parents seeking admission for a child to the school at ages between four and eleven should contact the local authority ‘Admissions Team’ at County Hall North (contact details above as per admission to Reception class) to discuss the availability of space and arrangements for joining the school.
APPLYING FOR A PLACE FOR YOUR CHILD IN RECEPTION FOR SEPTEMBER
Parents and Carers can apply online from early October each year.
Children are admitted to school at the beginning of the academic year in which their fifth birthday occurs.
It is easy and safe to apply online by logging on to https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/education-children-and-families/schools-and-colleges/school-places/primary-infant-and-junior-school-places/#apply-for-a-place
If you do not have access to the internet, either at home or at work, free internet access to make school applications is available at all West Sussex libraries and Children and Family Centres.
The deadline for receipt of all applications is around mid January each year, the exact date is published on the West Sussex County Council website. If you have no option but to apply on a paper form, please request one by telephoning West Sussex County Council Admissions Team on 03330 142 903. Parents are notified by West Sussex County Council Admissions Team around mid April as to which school their child has been offered.